Sunday 31 May 2020

Not (A)Eldar(i)...

So as promised I've painted some of the original Eldar range.

I went for a darker scheme than that I used on the earlier models, closer to the schemes used in the Rogue Trader rulebook, although keeping to the blue and red colours I'd previously used with pale grey weapons and blued metallic "chain".

I painted a full 5-men (or elf...) squad with a leader and lascannon.


They were mostly painted with Vallejo paints and blue wash, with a few Citadel (both old and more recent) and even one Humbrol paint.

Since they are all painted the same way I've only made close ups of the lascannon warrior and the squad leader.





Originally they came out a little more purple than I really wanted but a further blue wash seems to have solved this problem.

Now I'm pretty happy with how they turned out, unfortunately this means I much prefer them to my old scheme...

Oh well...

Till next time.


Cap'n Smyrk

2 comments:

  1. Oh, these are great! I love the whole vibe, they scream RT to me. Pretty nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I'm pretty happy with how they've turned out.

      Delete