Monday 11 May 2020

A Return to Oldhammer...

Due to recent events I've found myself with more free time of late and have used that to actually slap some paint on some figures.

So I've added a couple more members to my Star Trek themed Imperial Guard. One of them is just regular trooper, the second is to expand my options a little.

Originally these figures were painted to accompany my eponymous Rogue Trader. However I thought about also using them as more conventional (if poorly camouflaged) Imperial troops. As such they needed a leader as my Rogue Trader (the old Imperial Scout model) is a little too ragged in appearance and carrying too much xenos weaponry to fit the bill.

So the first figure is Commander Tzcherkoff for use as a commander when they have more loyalist tendencies, complete with Gold 'command' uniform.



Eventually I intend to form a five man command squad, possibly armed with bolters around him for now he has to make do with these two.


The other figure is a basic trooper to add to the main squad, painted in the same way as the earlier figures, complete with classic 'ray-gun' coloured lasgun.




And finally a terrible shot of the whole squad so far, still needs a couple more members to get a full 10.


Think I might paint a few classic Eldar next.

Till next time.


Cap'n Smyrk

2 comments:

  1. Haha, cool and classic in so many ways! Delightful :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a real soft spot for the original Imperial Army figures, and a fair few in the collection. Love the nods to the old style Grey fatigues on the helmets and pads, amongst the brighter Trek colours.

    ReplyDelete