Wednesday 16 December 2015

More Hideous Mutants and Suicidal Agents of Chaos...

So continuing my adventures in Chainsaw Warrior...

I once again managed a pretty impressive character, 14 Endurance, 13 Wounds, 11 Close Combat, +2 Marksmanship, 8 Agility and 6 Equipment Points.
I managed to get the Chainsaw and a number of other useful bits of kit. The only down points were his average Agility and the fact that the gun I picked up was the mostly useless Blaster...

Suitably equipped I set forth into the building and happily carved my way through a multitude of Zombies, Chaos Agents, Rat swarms and doors. Until I encountered the most powerful of the Mutant Things (Combat Value 16).

Why hello there Ugly...

My Rad Suit minimised the amount of radiation he inflicted on me and it was straight into the hacking and slashing. A handy piece of equipment gave me a close combat of 15 just one less than my opponent and I was not especially worried.

What followed was one of the most frustrating displays of (computerised) dice rolling I have ever seen...

The Mutant proceeded to roll a series of 10 and 11's which I had to roll box cars to beat or even draw against, which I simply couldn't. On the few occasions that it did roll low I proceeded to manage just enough to draw...

Finally vanquishing the monster I was reduced to just 4 wounds but I plunged on until just a few cards later I met up with the bane of my computerised existence the Suicide Chaos Agent!

Oh no not you again...

Swiftly my battered Warrior drew his Blaster and snapped off a shot.

Which promptly missed and he was blown to smithereens...

On the next game I managed to get my hands on a Teleporter a nifty bit of kit that allows you to go and get a replacement Laser Lance without having go back through all the cards again. Brilliant that will make the Suicide Agent less of problem, although I was stuck with the pathetic Blaster again.

However despite having an Agility of 10 I failed to dodge an exploding trap which proceeded to destroy my (guess what...) Teleporter. Thus when just a few cards later the b*@$!&d Suicide Agent popped up again (and my Blaster once again missed) he blew up my Laser Lance. Aided by several Secret Passages I made my way back out and in again with my new Laser Lance (and finding a gear cache on the way where I replaced my useless Blaster with a Sub-Machine Gun).

At this point I met another Suicide Agent who (dodging my shot... again...) blew up my shiny new SMG. Fortunately I was a eaten by rampant Zombie just a couple of cards later saving me any further frustration...

Notably this was not the first time a seemingly ridiculous series of dice rolls have hampered me in fights against one of the tougher opponents. Whilst I'm tempted to go for one of the lower difficulty levels these only increase your chances of getting better stats and equipment, which as my first play through proved is of no help when you are let down by the vagaries of the (computer-generated) dice.

Next time Darkness... Next Time...

On the modelling front Regis d'Sarck and her bodyguard are both coming on nicely so hopefully I'll be able to show them off by the weekend.

Till Next Time...


Cap'n Smyrk

No comments:

Post a Comment