Monday 7 December 2015

60 Minutes To Save New York...

So something a little different some actually gaming!

Well sort of... Not the tabletop sort.

As you may have guessed from the title I'm talking about Chainsaw Warrior the classic GW survival board/card game.


Now I don't own and I've never played the original game but reading various online reviews and play throughs has inspired me to get the new digital version for my tablet.


Now this has several different difficulty levels but I've felt compelled to play on the Hard difficulty as this matches the original board game.

I've managed about six plays through so far, my first time I lucked out stats wise apart from agility but eventually fell foul of a suicidal Chaos Agent who blew up my Laser Lance and I had to fight my way back out again to get another one.


On my third play through I actually managed to make it to the second deck, but never found Darkness. My recent plays have been mostly sabotaged by poor a hand-to-hand skill or endurance.

The game has proved just as difficult as suggested but I'm having a blast none the less.

On the modelling front I've just started on painting the personal bodyguard of Euphoria's governor replete in his ceremonial armour so hopefully I'll be able to show him off soon.

Till next time...


Cap'n Smyrk

2 comments:

  1. I've never seen the game before. I'll have to get the digital version and try it.
    Thanks for the suggestion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to have introduced it to someone new. I hope you enjoy playing, maybe you can actually manage to save New York...

    ReplyDelete