Monday 12 May 2014

Filty Xenos

So a pretty productive weekend as far as I go with two more minis mostly finished.

First up a first Eldar Aspect warrior, a Fire Dragon. Fire Dragons have always been my favourite Aspect, since I first saw these models in the battle report in WD 141 (the second issue I ever bought), despite the fact that they gave a pretty poor performance (probably something to do with Jervis Johnson being in command...).


I've tried to tie him in with the other Eldar I painted so he has most of the main colours used on them on him somewhere and his pistol is the same colour as their weapons. He was based and primed when I bought him (explaining why his base is done, so unlike me...) although the base needs a bit of extra work.

I've currently got three of these plus the Exarch (one of my all time favourite minis) and two of the 3rd edition Fire Dragons which I also like. Oddly I'm not much of a fan of the latest figures despite them harking back to these classics in style.

He is joined by my first Ork, I need to find some more of these I currently have four boys and three bosses... not a particularly well balanced force...


Although I called him finished at the time after another look I think he might need a few extra highlights on his skin and gun.
And here you can see my attempt at freehand, Bad Moons are my favourite of the Ork clans. I'll be going with the old Rogue Trader (and I suppose modern as well) take of having all the orks in the force belonging to the same clan rather than the mix and match approach seen in 2nd Edition.

Anyway that's it for now. Til next time...


Cap'n Smyrk

No comments:

Post a Comment