Tuesday 7 March 2023

It was my pleasure...

This one is a bit of an oddity for me, not something I originally was planning on painting back when I started the blog.

One of my original projects back then was my Cult of the Incandescent Astral Wyrm, visible on their own page linked above.

The cult was deliberately a fairly generic possibly heretical religious cult from a backwater Imperial world, with no specific leanings towards any of the common cult types seen in the 40K universe. But I always intended to add some additional elements that could transform the basic cult into a definite Chaos or Genestealer cult.

Now I realise that in the original Genestealer cult list it was entirely possible to be both, but for whatever reason I don't particularly like the aesthetic of mixing the two. So I planned to add two separate groups of models that could be added to help turn it into either of those cult types.

Whilst the Genestealer elements are still planned for this post I've been working on the Chaos side of things. I decided to add some daemons to the mix, which is where the oddity comes in...

I've never been a particular fan of Slaanesh out of the Chaos Gods, and never planned to be painting any Slaaneshi Daemons. However the one daemon model I already owned was the original Keeper of Secrets model that had been bought and painted by my late elder brother (previously shown here). So it made sense to use that and add some lesser minions to aid this big boy.

I wasn't going to repaint the greater daemon as I wanted to preserve it in my brother's memory. So I needed to match the new models to the scheme he had used, unfortunately it was painted in original citadel paints, most of which I no longer have. So I've tried to match the colours as best I can with those I have available.

 
I'm really very happy with how the blue skin and red claws have come out on these, even if they don't exactly match those on the greater daemon.



Annoyingly I appear to have chipped the paint on one of the claws of this one, didn't notice till I took the picture.

I included the little daemonette familiar model as well.

And a shot of them all with their master for comparison.


That's all for now.

Till next time...


Cap'n Smyrk



1 comment:

  1. Hey, that's nice! I think you really got the colour! The use of blue is quite daring on these models, and I think you nailed it. Totally in the same line that your brother's work; it's a beautiful gesture, I love it

    ReplyDelete