Saturday 29 October 2022

Orktober Returns!

 I have once again returned from the wilderness to paint something Oldhammer related, this time I actually remembered that it was Orctober and have painted some Orks!

This is also a first attempt to actually paint a whole unit (well mostly, I do intent to add some more members later) in one go...

 

These are mostly models from the original Ork Raiders boxset including Thrugg's right-hand Ork Hrukk from the Battle of the Farm in the RT rulebook. I'm pretty happy with how this lot have come out and think they'll match up well with my existing Orks.

As is normal for me these were painted with a mix of Citadel, Vallejo and even Humbrol acrylics.

And few images of individuals starting with the Nob. He has some shinier brass and bronze detailing that the other lack to mark him out a bit.

 


 

The 'eavy weapon Boy.

 


  And the rest of the boyz.




The last two have Bad Moons symbols on their shoulder pads, these were a bit of a last minute addition, I struggled a bit to paint it between the scratches.

 The eagle-eyed may have noticed that unusually for me I have actually based these! A very basic job, will have to go back do some more work on them since they are still a bit glossy.

That's about it for now, hopefully I might retain this recent enthusiasm.

Till next time...

 

Cap'n Smyrk

3 comments:

  1. Ahhh, such memories! They are amazing, I like the skin tones and the whole looking of these guys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I was very happy with how the skin tones turned out (must be because I used Goblin Green...).

      Delete
  2. I remember painting a few of these back in the day for a friend, lovely models to paint, and you've certainly done them justice here

    ReplyDelete