Saturday 14 March 2015

One Year On...

So Tuesday was the one year anniversary for the blog and I was planning to do a post to go along with it but since I didn't write one in advance and was away for work for the week I... well didn't.

Anyway to make up for that and in someway celebrate that event I'm posting now, although I don't really have anything new to show off for it so I'm just going to have to go for a retrospective...

Considering what I've achieved since starting this blog I can say I've done pretty well by my standards, having painted twenty-eight minis during the past year, compared to the none that I'd painted for many years prior to that.

Looking back at the targets I set for myself back at the start of 2015 I've managed to paint 12 minis out of my target of 17 and less than three months in, so my painting progress speed has clearly gone up! And so far I've managed more than one post a month so meeting my second target.
Still little progress on basing most of the models I've painted so far however.

I've also made a start on building my own little slice of the 40K universe to set the models I'm painting in. As part of this I have the beginnings of several warbands already.

Nearest completion is the eponymous Captain Julius T. Smyrk and his crew of reprobates.


The Euphoria Arbites Precinct is also taking shape.


As a side project I also have the beginnings of an Eldar army.


And a half finished Necromunda Escher gang.


So moving into this blog's second year I'm pretty happy with how its going so far and hope to get a lot more done as well.

Til' next time.


Cap'n Smyrk

1 comment:

  1. Congrats, man! Nice having you around with all this RT love! Looking forward to see what you have for year two! :)

    ReplyDelete