Monday 29 June 2020

Scoudrels and Scenarios...

Following on from my sinister mostly bionic inquisitor I have painted a couple more models inspired by a certain series of "science fiction" films.

These models and more that I have planned are part of a plan I've been formulating for a while. This involves a (possibly solo-play) Rogue Trader scenario that I actually might be able play, inspired by the aforementioned film series.

This is partially driven by my lack of much in the way of terrain on which to play a game, and not really having any space to store terrain if I were to try my hand at making any. I do however possess a copy of the old GW board game Ultramarines, with its fit together board sections (as well as some additional ones from old issues of White Dwarf). As such the scenario involves using these board sections to play on.

Anyway these ideas are only partially formed at the moment, so on with the models. These are at least part of the crew of the Perennial Sparrow.

A pair of scoundrels

Firstly is Hanz Ollow, the captain of the Sparrow.

The colour scheme is based on his getup in the second film which fitted best with the clothes the model is wearing.

Complete with yellow trouser stripe

And his beastman first mate Broo'Chakka.


I tried to get some of the variation from very dark to bright browns on the fur, although its only really noticeable on the head. Originally I tried out a bone colour on the horns and hooves, but my shading didn't really work out and after checking out some pictures of actually goat horns and hooves I switched to a brownish grey base colour.


Tried a dark red drybrush over the teeth of the chain dagger.

Still need to acquire the model for one of the other main characters, if I can find one at a reasonable price. And some suitably well-armoured minions for the Inquisitor.

Till next time.

Cap'n Smyrk

1 comment:

  1. Haha, these are fantastic! You made my day :)
    But now you need to build the Perennial Sparrow!!

    ReplyDelete