Saturday 18 February 2023

Beep Boop Beep...

 Hello once again Oldhammerers.

As I mentioned in my last post I was working on the final member of the crew of the Perennial Sparrow.

One major character from the source material was still missing, but no longer.

It took me a while to find a mini that I wanted to use for this character. I finally settled on this robot from Lead Adventure miniatures, from their Astropolis range.

The mini is clearly inspired by the character in question, with an added steampunk/classic diving suit aesthetic.

Anyway here he is.


I stuck pretty closely to the source scheme for this one, which fitted very well onto the model due to it having the same inspiration. Originally I left the inside of the "visor" black but then remembered the little orangey-red light that there is on the front of his dome and repainted it to ape that.

Just a pic showing off my freehand of his top pattern

He was a fun little mini to paint and completes this part of my Astral Conflict project.

Here he is with a "special" friend.

Finally a shot of the completed crew.

And as a last bonus here are the other two robots that came in the same set.



 The one on the left (who I have taken to calling PHL-NX) was painted inspired by his similarity to the naval Phalanx CIWS. The one on the right was inspired by the scheme of some of the imperial droids on the Death Star in the original movie. I painted their "visors" when I decided to paint the first one, choosing blue and red colours in this case.

And apparently this is my 100th post on this blog, so I guess... Hooray!!!  ๐ŸŽ‰ ๐ŸŽ† ๐ŸŽ‰

Till next time...


Cap'n Smyrk



1 comment:

  1. Haha, what a piece of genius, I love this! And congrats on the 100 milestone! :)

    ReplyDelete