Sunday 31 January 2021

Dragons of Old...

Some time last year I made a post about reproductions of the battle maps for first White Dwarf Battle Report I encountered.

This battle report was the origin of my general love of the Eldar in 40k (blasphemy to my normal fantasy preference for Dwarves...).

It was also where I gained my love of the original Fire Dragon Aspect Warrior miniatures (not sure why since they were painted in a somewhat uninteresting reddish-brown with yellow helmets). In particular the Fire Dragon Exarch remains one of my all time favourite 40k miniatures.

Back when I started this blog I painted up some Fire Dragons but although I had the Exarch I didn't paint it through a bit of trepidation about painting my favourite mini.

Finally I've got around to painting him up.

I chose to paint his helmet metallic rather than the orange of the ordinary troopers to help differentiate him. I chose the copper because it is still reminiscent of the orange.

Here's the whole squad so far.

 After taking this photo I've noticed that I clearly used a different red than I thought when highlighting the earlier troopers... Blast...

Anyway. Till next time.


Cap'n Smyrk



No comments:

Post a Comment